Short Product Description:
- Adjustable – Six (6) resistances, 55 to 198 lbs/ 25 to 90kg
- High-Quality – Good Design, Smart, yet Simple Structure
- Superbly Engineered – Ergonomic, fully built with metal
- Includes Add-On parts: Extend the length of the handles
EXT 90 Adjustable Gripper, by GD Iron Grip
Beautiful yet robust, silent yet sturdy, rough yet ergonomic – EXT 90 Adjustable Gripper has exceeded my expectations.
Perfect craftsmanship, high-quality, solid & more importantly, adjustable – Probably the only gripper you’ll ever need.
I personally really like this hand gripper since it covers most aspects you would seek in a hand strengthener such as this.
Technically, with one single gripper such as EXT 90 you’ll get 6 different grippers – Excellent to cover all of the aspects of
a perfect workout – Warm-up, working sets, challenge sets, cool-down sets.
It’s also on bar with famous Captains of Crush grippers that are deemed as the gold standard of hand grippers.
Meanwhile, EXT 90 has also quite aggressive knurling compared to CoC grippers – Prevent it from slipping in your hand
to get a solid grip workout in conveniently & effectively.
What are the Pros & Cons with EXT 90 Adjustable Gripper?
It’s Almost Flawless
- It’s Adjustable – Includes six (6) different resistance levels – By far the biggest advantage! Forget about buying multiple grippers, you need only this one, unless you’re a grip training enthusiast like me.
- Very High Quality – Built like a tank, sturdy, beautifully designed, & brutally effective – A gripper you likely have to buy once only, since it will last you for years.
- Doesn’t Squeak – It’s sturdy yet silent, & its spring does not squeak nor make weird noises. Train even in silent library if you want, without pissing off people around you.
- Ergonomic – Well designed, fits well in your hand & provides support for your hands to train your crushing grip strength effectively, without injuring yourself.
- Knurled – Adding a top-notch look to your gripper as well as provides aggressive enough knurling on palm side to prevent your hand from slipping on handles.
- Includes Extensions – Handle extensions are being added to make handles longer & to help you get better grip in case you have bigger hands.. or, in case you want to add & have more challenging approach.
- Requires investment – This hand gripper is obviously on the expensive side. You should take your time, & think it through if you need one: Consider it as investment. It’s 6 grippers in 1, thus expensive, yet well worth its price.
- Handles don’t touch – Not really a con, but just putting it out here: Unlike most grippers, this one is designed in the way its handles won’t touch completely & grind against each other. It doesn’t affect range of motion necessarily but provides slightly different feel.
- May be too tough for beginners – If you’re a complete beginner, this one can be a tough nut to crack. The easiest resistance level begins at 55 lbs / 25 kg.
EXT 90 Adjustable Gripper - Ranking 96 out of 100
Why, in fact, EXT 90 Gripper is very INEXPENSIVE?
You get 6 Hand Grippers in One
If we divide $62.79 with 6, we get $10.465 – There you have it, a High-End gripper for $10
That deal is pretty crazy, isn’t it? For example, if you take a look at Captains of Crush grippers, which are one of the best grippers available these days, you can get one for $25.95. In other words, EXT 90 gripper is technically 2.5 times cheaper
than any of standard CoC grippers, if you look at it that way. It’s definitely worth your money & taking advantage of it.
EXT 90 has wide, adjustable resistance – 55 to 1981b (25 to 90kg) – Plenty of progression room from beginner to expert.
Owning the Iron Grip Adjustable Grip 90 EXT is like owning six separate metal hand grippers.
The GD Adjustable Hand Grippers contain six adjustable tension levels.
The EXT Adjustable Grippers Axis of Handle is NOT Twisted
Excellent for Training Both Hands
Compared to regular classic spring grips, the EXT grip’s axis of handle is not twisted.
It’s a peculiar innovation for GD line of grippers.
So what does that mean for you?
First & foremost comfort, but in my opinion more importantly versatility
Instead of getting specialized grippers for both hands, such as right-wing & left-wing spring grippers, you can use EXT grippers in both hands & they feel pretty much the same way. It’s a more ergonomic design that most grippers can offer you.
I’d say as an additional bonus it saves you both time & money – No need to order multiple grippers, if you’re looking for a way to save up space in home, as well as get things done efficiently.
A right-wing hand gripper, designed for right handed crush grip training – Captains of Crush – The Gold Standard
A left-wing hand gripper, designed for left handed crush grip training – Captain of Crush Left-Turn Gripper
This is another good reason, why EXT Adjustable Gripper is a great investment. It has everything you need to take care & train both of your hands with one single gripper only.
There are Two Versions of EXT Adjustable grippers for Your Convenience
Black & Red versions
EXT 90 (Black),
by GD IRON GRIP
Resistance levels are
25 kg (55lb) to 90kg (198lb.)
- Stage 1. 55lb (25kg)
- Stage 2. 84lb (38kg)
- Stage 3. 112lb (51kg)
- Stage 4. 141lb (64kg)
- Stage 5. 170lb (77kg)
- Stage 6. 198lb (90kg)
- Stage 1. 55lb (25kg)
- Stage 2. 79lb (36kg)
- Stage 3. 104lb (47kg)
- Stage 4. 128lb (58kg)
- Stage 5. 152lb (69kg)
- Stage 6. 176lb (80kg)
EXT 80 (Red),
by GD IRON GRIP
Resistance levels are
25kg (55lb.) to 80 kg (176 lb.)
EXT 90 Adjustable gripper Offer Includes Handle Extensions
Make it More Challenging
This is pretty straightforward upgrade to your gripper & is exactly as it sounds:
Make the handles of this adjustable gripper even longer.
By making handles longer you don’t have to neglect your pinkie finger anymore & you can utilize it along with your other fingers. It’s great & leaves no excuses to get the maximum out of your grip workout.2Another possible upgrade with longer handles is to make a gripper more challenging – It’s depending on how you place gripper in your hand. Also, this can & will vary a bit from person to person depending on their hand sizes.
If you’re are person with smaller hands, then you have a lot more options & room to play around. A great way to get creative & challenge yourself in numerous different angles & starting positions to close the gripper.3Also, longer handles are excellent, if you can’t close a gripper on higher resistance level yet & you’re doing negative repetitions. Longer handles are great to help you to close gripper with two hands & practice negative repetitions.
In fact, if you’re serious about getting to the next level in your gripper game, doing negative repetitions are not only necessary but a big part of your grip strength progression. Having longer handles on gripper is definitely a positive & effective contribution you don’t want to miss out on.
Why is it Important to Avoid Cheap Grippers & to Get a High Quality one like EXT 90?
to Avoid injuries & to be Consistent
I’ve always said that, & I’m gladly saying it again:
Remember, there are 2 major problems with cheap grippers:
- Durability – Cheap plastic grippers springs tend to snap much more easily – No, you don’t exactly want sharp shards to fly into your face in the middle of your exercise & injure you. That’s the #1 reason to take a bit more expensive route – You want high-quality product to invest smarter & also AVOID INJURIES caused by cheap/faulty devices as much as possible.
- Consistency – You’re buying a hard to close, let’s say cheap 100-lbs plastic gripper, & couple of months later you’re closing it for reps like a master, like it’s nothing. It makes you feel like you’re tough guy & you’ve made a hell of a progress – Wrong, the reality is, that gripper spring likely just wore out. To monitor your progress better, the solution is High-Quality Gripper.
It’s simple as that – Train safely & be consistent.
Get better results & progress faster due to precise & reliable measures.
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you enjoyed reading my review & learned a lot about EXT 90 Adjustable Grippers along the way.
Have you used this product OR similar products? Whats your training experience alike?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to ask for assistance & share your thoughts by leaving a comment.