Short Product Description:
- Classical Spring Gripper – 11 different resistance levels
- Knurled Handles – Aggressive handles to toughen palms
- Very Durable – Made of billet aluminium & alloy steel
- High Quality – Designed for Superior performance
Captains of Crush grippers, by IronMind
Captains of Crush classical hand grippers are designed to help you to build maximum grip strength in minimum time.
You can’t go wrong here, whatever your application is, CoC is likely going to work well for you. Just give it a squeeze.
It’s one of my favorite grip training devices – It’s simple & universal approach to build a stronger grip in general.
This is not a toy – It’s a professional training device that will tear up your hands in no time to build them stronger.
With this tool you can focus on building 2 types of grip strength – Crush grip strength & static support grip strength.
One is for crushing objects by squeezing them with your fingers & the other one is for static grip to hold heavy stuff.
Whether you’re weight lifter, rock climber, wrestler or motocross driver, you need strong grip to be on top of your game.
Captains of Crush is a gold standard of hand grippers & has legendary build. It’s made of aircraft grade billet aluminium
& alloy steel construction giving it superior performance. Made by IronMind, an industry leader since 1988.
Manufacturer also offers a 1-year warranty to their world famous spring grippers, in case you manage to break one.
What are the Pros & Cons with Captains of Crush?
Durable, Robust yet Smooth
- Superb Classical Gripper – Designed for superior performance, high-intensity & low-volume training to gain maximum grip strength in shortest window of time.
- High Quality Product – It’s a professional grip training device designed for high-intensity training. It’s hand crafted with aircraft grade aluminium & alloy steel construction.
- Aggressive Knurled Handles – Big part of getting your grip stronger is also getting the skin of your palms stronger. CoC gripper tears up your hands to help them to get much stronger.
- Very Durable – This type of gripper is completely made of metal parts to give it maximum durability – There are no plastic parts that can degrade, chemically deteriorate or break over the time.
- Ideal Resistance Levels for All Athletes – There are eleven (11) different resistance levels to choose from, suitable from beginners to experts. There are ideal difficulty options for both men & women, younger & older generation.
- Option for Certification – IronMind offers you a chance to become certified for closing difficult Captains of Crush hand grippers (No 3, 3,5 & 4) – You will receive a diploma, signed by president of IronMind, & your efforts performed towards a feat of strength will become renowned.
- Portable – Put one into your pocket or throw into training bag as you hit the gym. Easily portable, so you can take one on the road, or leave into your desk drawer.
- Easy to Maintain – Consists of GR8 springs that are made of steel. They will oxidize in humid climates, to avoid rust you should wipe spring occasionally with a drop of light oil to prevent it from squeking & breaking. Knurled handles can be cleaned with a stiff nylon bristled brushes.
- 1-Year Warranty – Any of your grippers will be replaced free of charge if they fail during proper use within one year of the date of purchace. To claim replacement, the gripper must be returned along with proof of purchase. Improperly used, misused, damaged or modified grippers are not warranted.
- Designed for Right Hand – This model is designed to train your right hand first & foremost. Meanwhile, it’s still excellent for training both hands, with slightly different feeling when training your left hand. In most cases, it’s a minor detail that most folks won’t notice at all – If you seek maximum comfort, performance & precision, for left hand training I’d recommend to use left-hand grippers, such as CoC Left-Turn, to complement a regular CoC gripper.
- One Resistance Level Per Gripper – Compared to adjustable hand grippers, CoC is a static one-difficulty-only per gripper type of training tool. If you’re serious about getting stronger & to get maximum out of your training progression & to have more variety it likely requires more investment from your side to access grippers with different resistance levels.
- Technically No Cons – It’s a classical hand gripper with superior quality & does exactly what it is designed to do – To get your grip strength up for maximum amount in minimum time. From technical part, you should know there are no real noticeable flaws in this device.
Captains of Crush - Ranking 94 out of 100
How Can You Benefit from Captains of Crush?
Fastes Way to Build Crush Grip
- Improve Your Finger Tendons Strength – This is one of the most important aspects of your hand health & strength: The actual hands ability to support the workload of activities & exercises you’re regularly performing. Using hand grippers helps you to gradually build tendons strength to work on more difficult exercises.
- Build Maximum Crush Grip Strength – Squeezing objects between fingers is one of the 4 major hand movements & it’s called cruch grip – To grab an object most of the time you use this type of grip. Hand gripper is the absolute best way to quickly improve your crushing grip.
- Improve Static Support Grip Strength – Gripper can be used when you squeeze the handles together & then hold them closed as long as you can. This is extra important exercise for you, if your main training equipment is barbell for example – Training like that allows you to hold bigger weights & for longer periods of time.
- Get Your Palms Much Tougher – If you haven’t trained in gym or with grippers before, beware the aggressive knurling on this gripper will beat your hands up & it will do so very quickly. This is a good thing – This is how your palms get stronger. The key is NOT to use fitness gloves, throw them out of window & get palms stronger instead.
- Build Well Conditioned Grip – One of the most important details to be on top of your sport is to have a better grip. Having an overall stronger, less fatigued grip helps you to perform your workout routines more effectively, as well as give bigger advantage in competitions.
- Protect Hands from Injuries – Having a bit more muscle is excellent – Muscles act like cushion to protect our body. By increasing your functional strength as well as overall muscle mass grants you healthier hands & greatly protects you from possible injuries. Staying injury-free is prio #1 regardless of your sport.
- Chance to Get Certified – Training with tougher CoC hand grippers & eventually closing them offers you & leads you to an opportunity to become renown in grip strength world. Closing CoC #3, #3,5 or #4 gripper is considered a great feat of strength – You will receive a diploma & your name will be written into IronMinds catalogue.
CoC is the Gold Standard of Grippers – The Single Best Grip Training Tool You Can Use
Excellent hands, palms & forearms training device
- Dimensions: 5 x 4.5 x 0.8 inches/ 12.7 x 11.4 x 2 cm
- Shipping Weight: 7.8 ounces / 221 grams
- Handles – Knurled, aluminum handles
- Materials: Billet aluminium & alloy steel
- Quantity – One (1) gripper
- Resistance Levels – Eleven (11)
- Manufacturer: IronMind (USA)
Captains of Crush has superior design – It’s precise, with no
surprise geometry. It’s consistent across the board.
CoC grippers are well engineered, completely built with metal
parts: Steel & aircraft grade aluminium to be durable. Unlike
cheap plastic grippers, CoC spring won’t wear out.
CoC grippers are easily portable – Put one into your pocket,
or throw into your training bag once you hit the gym.
Captains of Crush grippers can be used for variety of exercises
that builds crush grip strength & static support grip
Who Can Benefit from Captains of Crush?
Any Athlete, Men & Women, Older & Younger
Gripper training is excellent for both, beginners & experts alike to get your grip stronger, or even stronger than it already is.
Younger or older, man or woman, casual trainee or hardcore athlete, training grip is giving you functional strength that you
can use & likely will use every single day. In most sports, the very first point of contact with object is literally through your
fingertips. Doesn’t matter if you’re holding a basketball, baseball bat, golf club or weightlifting barbell..
The more functional strength you have in your hands, the better the performance in your respective sport likely will be.
Toughen Your Palms With Captains of Crush
Avoid Fitness Gloves
Why should you always avoid excessive use of fitness gloves? Many folks rely entirely on gloves when they hit the gym & as
a result they usually have extra weak palms. Gloves are a “foreign” objects (between your palms & a weight you’re lifting)
that directly prevent your palms getting stronger.
If that’s the case, once you take off your fitness gloves & touch the first barbell or dumbbells you see, you’re going to shred
the palms of your hands almost instantly. Your hands definitely start aching & in the long run you likely get blisters.
So, how do you solve that problem? No, you don’t put your gloves back on – Captains of Crush has aggressively knurled
handles that is specifically designed to toughen the palms of your hands. Keep training, your hands get stronger, simple.
Gradually, over the period of weeks & months, while regularly exercising with grippers, skin in your palms will toughen
up. It’s one of the key parts to be able to perform more strenuous exercises with bare hands.
Unless your hands are injured, OR you’ve already worked your hands to limit, you have no excuse OR likely no practical
reason to use fitness gloves – You always want to put fitness gloves away & work with bare hands for functional strength.
Are IronMind Grippers Good for Rehab?
Great Grippers for Recovery
IronMind offers 4 different types of grips along with Captains of Crush that you can use for your benefit, with multiple
different resistance levels to cover all your training needs & routines, including the rehabilitation part.
Getting in better shape as well as nuturing injuries are important, inseparable parts of your hand health. Whether you’re
trying to get your strength back up for your recently dislocated finger, or trying to treat repetitive strain injury like Tennis
Elbow, proper gripper can be an excellent way to go.
To deliver you the all-round-package IronMind has created left hand gripper, smooth gripper & also a thumb gripper.
As always, for rehab purposes & for hand health in general, having balance is key for getting much stronger in functional
strength department. I recommend to pair up your gripper training with extensor training – For that task you can use
rubber hand bands to work on counter-movements to balance your hand muscles.
Extend-Your-Hand Bands are excellent addition to your grip training, whether you’re using one, two or multiple different
grippers in your training routine. They’re inexpensive & they keep your hands pain-free. If not sure, you can ask any
qualified physio-therapeut, chiropractor or relevant doctor, they’ll all say using hand-bands is likely excellent way to go.
What Grip Training Resources Can You Use?
Top 4 Books to Train Your Grip
Simply work with hand grippers & specifically specialize in them, or up your entire game by learning new exercises along
with crushing grippers. Among these authors there famous names, like Tommy Heslep, who is one of only five people in
the world who have certified for IronMind’s Captains of Crush #4 Gripper. Learn it all from the experts if you like.
Captains of Crush – A Professional Competition Grade Gripper
You Can Get Certified For Closing a Difficult CoC Gripper
Master a Gripper & Confirm Your Result
Since Captains of Crush grippers are super high in quality, precise & consistent, they are used in competitions as well.
To reward you for your effort, there’s a chance for everyone to get certified for closing a difficult level CoC gripper.
Obviously, your very first priority is to get stronger & master your chosen hand gripper – Keep training until you’ll be able
to fully close either #2 & # 2.5 (for women) OR #3, #3.5, #4 (for men) gripper. That’s the hard part, next is easy part:
Once you’ve achieved that, it’s time to contact with IronMind to let them know you’re ready to get certified. IronMind will
help to select a referee near your area, who will witness & verify the process to confirm that you’re able to close a certain
Captains of Crush gripper under the rules of closing & proper conditions.
Final step is to schedule certification attempt date with IronMind to meet up with a referee near your area.
For details, click here to read Captains of Crush – Rules for Closing & Certification from IronMind’s official website.
Why Should You Always Choose a High-Quality Gripper?
Consistency & Precision
It can happen, that after couple of weeks of using a cheap plastic gripper you’re going to close it like a champion. It likely
gives you a feeling that you’ve progressed so much already in such a short time. Have you? And another thing..
If you’re a realist you know it’s clear as day that nothing is invulnerable – If you try hard enough, you can break CoC grips
as well – That usually happens only when you maintain your equipment poorly: For example, storing grips in too humid
conditions, not keeping equipment clean OR on top of it, modifying or exercising improperly with your gripper.
1The reality is that cheap grippers spring will wear
out quickly. It keeps getting weaker & weaker.
Meanwhile you’re getting stronger, cheap gripper spring
is getting weaker. In short: They’re likely inconsistent.
Inconsistency often includes their geometry: Uneven
handles, spring positioning. Small but effective nuances.
2Another problem is that cheap gripper springs
tend to snap easily. That’s a safety issue for you.
There’s a chance that you’ll injure yourself, especially
when spring snaps in the middle of the exercise
& you’ll get hit by the shards of broken spring.
It’s better to invest into high quality hand gripper – They are consistent across the board & there is much less chance for
equipment failure. In addition being well engineered, there is no surprise geometry, so you can monitor your results more
precisely. You’ll get quality, train like a professional & eliminate guess-work from your workout routines.
Thanks for Stopping By!
I hope you enjoyed reading my review & learned couple of new things about Captains of Crush along the way.
Have you used any classical spring gripper before? How’s your training experience?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to ask for my assistance & share your thoughts by leaving a comment.