Twist Yo’ Wrist –
- Name: Twist Yo’ Wrist
- Category: Wrist Rollers
- Purpose: Wrist Exerciser, Pinch Grip
- Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
- Vendors: Amazon, Temu
- Build Strong Wrists in Every Direction, Improve Wrists Mobility, Flexibility
- High-Quality – Durable Grip Specialty Tool, Useable with or without a Loading Pin
- Includes Climbing-grade Accessory Cord & a Snap Clip
What is Twist Yo’ Wrist?
Twist Yo’ Wrist by IronMind is classical, weight on rope wrist-roller made of polymer. Like all IronMinds products, this is not a toy, it’s a professional piece of training equipment. Except nothing less than well made, high quality gear.
This device comes with climbing grade cord & clip, so you don’t have to chase different bits & pieces to get started. Simply attach weight to it & start with your grip training. Edges of this wrist rollers are knurled to provide additional grip & prevent hands from slipping.
Fun & brutally effective way to burn up your forearms quickly. Loading it with a light weight is usually enough to get in a tough forearm workout. This device doesn’t take much weight to become extremely hard, so don’t expect to load this up with as much weight as your regular wrist roller, you simply won’t be able to move it.
Also stands up for heavy weights to fit your preference, just be cautious & take a look at the knot that secures weights so all of a sudden the rope won’t come out of the pulley & the weights won’t crash to the ground.
Note the shape of this device, it’s a fat grip trainer deliberately designed this way to mostly target your wrists through your thumbs, sort of enhancing your pinching grip in the process as well.
What are the Pros & Cons with Twist Yo’ Wrist?
Outstanding for Wrist & Pinch Grip Training
- Includes Cord + Clip – Twist Yo Wrist is 4 inch diameter polymer wrist roller that comes with 4 foot climbing-grade cord & small clip
- Focuses on Wrists & Pinching – A unique, one of a kind device on market, that mainly focuses intensely on your wrists & pinch gripping ability – It’s hands down one of the best & highest quality product in this type of training gear category.
- High Quality – Like all of IronMinds products, this one as well is high quality. Consistent accross the board.
- Durable – Built with nylon, stiff engineering plastic with outstanding bearing & wearing properties.
- Portable – Twist Yo Wrist is small enough to make it is easily portable. Throw one into your backpack or gym bag & use it wherever you want or need it, it’s compact & convenient.
- Ideal for Any Athlete – Suits both beginners & experts, the more weight you add the more difficult it gets. Doesn’t matter what your sport is. Guitar player or Weightlifter, Martial Artist or Tennis Player, Gymnast or Cross-fitter. Everybody needs good enough grip.
- Requires Investment – If it’s IronMinds product, it’s certainly two things, high quality & expensive. You get what you’re paying for, but there are cheaper alternatives out there.
- Not The Best For Rehab – If you have weak hands that need tuning up, rehabing fractured wrist or fingers, then this device is good way to regain functional hand strength. Downside is that you have know exactly what you’re doing, dropping weight can cause sudden moves with this device that could potentially injure you.
Twist Yo' Wrist - Ranking 94 out of 100
Who Could Benefit from Twist Yo’ Wrist the Most?
Anyone Who Could Use More Competitive Edge
If winning or losing, living or dying depends on your grip, you need a solid tool to improve your grip. Doesn’t matter if you’re a male or female, older or younger, having a more competitive edge over your competition is never a bad thing.
By largest margin, the biggest weakness in every athletes arsenal is grip & the weakest link in grip is their thumb. The strength of your thumb determines your ability to pinch grip objects.
The Grip Twister is designed to train this weak spot & is particularly good to build pinch grip strength. You can separate yourself from that pack, who’s lacking in grip strength department.
- Arm Wrestler
- Sport Archer
- Sport Shooter
- Motocross Driver
- Basketball Player
- Military Forces
- Martial Artist
- Tennis Player
- Golf Player
- Guitar Player
- Piano Player
- Pole Dancer
- Rock Climber
- Weight: About 0.96 lbs / 0.43 kg
- Package Weight: .1.03 lbs / 0.47 kg
- Item Dimensions: 3.54 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches
- Package Dimension: 4.72 x 4.41 x 4.06 inches
- Material: Polymer
- Manufacturer: IronMind
Twist Yo’ Wrist is well built, lightweight due to being made of polymer.
It is type of sturdy plastic giving it durability, is both easier on hands & making it portable.
Manufactured in USA by IronMind, industry leader since 1988
Benefits of Using Twist Yo’ Wrist Few Minutes Per Day
Increased Pinch & Wrist Strength
- Stronger Wrists – Essentially, it’s 100% dedicated wrist strengthening device – You can build very strong wrists in every direction by using this device alone.
- Improved Pinch – Tune up your thumb strength – Must have for weightlifters, powerlifters or martial artists who are used to use grappling techinques.
- Tougher Flexors – Important part to increase your static support grip as well as your crush gripping ability to be able to train longer & lift bigger weights.
- Stable Extensors – Working extensors contributes to muscle balance big time. The more balanced your hand muscles are the more healthy, powerful & pain free your hands will be.
- Increased Flexibility – The more flexible your wrist & hands become the more mobility it means for you. In return, it helps to prevent injuries, which is a big one.
- Conditioned Grip – Build stronger overall grip by getting weak spots in better shape – Thumbs & pinch grip are the biggest weakness in almost every athlete arsenal.
- Less Injuries – Muscles are like cushion, they protect your body. Strengthen your tendons, to be on top of your sport & avoid injuries, or simply to enjoy healthier hands.
If you’re a weightlifter, powerlifter or cross-fitter, lifting heavier barbells from ground requires stronger thumb.
Your thumb strength determines a point, where your hand starts opening up & eventually the weight becomes too heavy for your hands & you won’t be able to hold it.
If you’re a martial artist & your fighting style requires a lot of grappling techniques. In this instance, pinch gripping ability is a must have. Otherwise your opponent rips your hand open that you’re gripping him with & you’ll not able to perform your finishing moves on them.
Due to large diameter Twist Yo’ Wrist helps to develop pinch gripping strength. It involves your thumb much more due to this device height & its wide handles.
This is good thing if you’re progressing towards lifting heavier weights.Thumb is typically one of the weakest link & getting it stronger helps you tremendously.
Grip strength is typically overlooked by many athletes. Despite that, ironically it’s the first point of contact for many sports that is likely a make or break moment.
Is Twist Yo’ Wrist Good for Rehabilitation?
Not The Best
If you suffer from some kind of Repetitive Strain Injury – Tendinitis, such as Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s elbow, this device can help you to get rid of pain associated with these conditions.
Also related conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & and some types of Arthritis can be treated by exercising with similar equipment.
Any specialist doctor could say you that, what you need is rest, but only up to a point where you can start exercising, to get rid of pain & fully recover. We’re not only talking about getting rid of pain here, but also increasing your overall hand flexibility, functional strength as well as regaining overall hand movement.
Using wrist roller helps to strengthen your tendons as well as increase bloodflow into affected tissues, that are inflexible & cause you pain in the first place.
- Build More Muscle Balance – Above everything else, doesn’t matter if you are suffering from a medical condition or not, building muscle balance is one of the keys to healthy hands. Always aim for balanced muscles to be pain free.
- Treat Repetitive Strain Injury – With regular physical therapy & exercising, that is a must to recover, you can get rid of pain from tendinitis, epicondilytis, such as Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow.
- Treat CTS, Related Conditions to RSI – With regular use, this device can also help you to relieve pain that is related to conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or Arthritis.
- Strengthens Your Tendons – More muscle acts like cushion that protect your body. More functional strength can help you to get rid of pain associated typical Repetitive Strain Injuries.
What Would Be Better for Rehab Than Twist Yo’ Wrist?
Ropeless Wrist-Roller or Flex Bars
Since ropeless wrist-roller moves in one smooth motion, it makes a perfect rehab tool. One thing that you want to avoid during mending an injury is avoiding sudden moves to not injure yourself further.
SideWinder Grip Twister does not have rope that can break or weights that you can accidentally drop & cause further traumas. This makes it safer to use than other similar equipment.
Most importantly, this device starts with virtually no resistance. It makes progression seamless for you. You can always choose the level of resistance that suits you without sudden jumps. That fact alone already makes it a great rehab tool, you won’t fall into risk of overdoing or underdoing if you have suitable difficulty levels available.
Since this is not purely intented to be a rehab tool only, you should consider this product as a long-term investment for both rehab, prehab & for developing more grip strength. It’s awesome in any case nevertheless.
Thanks for Stopping By
Please Leave A Comment