Short Product Description:
- The Most Advanced Wrist-Roller – No weight on rope
- Adjustable Resistance – From zero to impossible
- Durable – Anodized, completely made of metal parts
- Very High Quality – Hand crafted, lifetime guarantee
SideWinder Revolution, By SideWinder
SideWinder Revolution – The only wrist-roller without rope & weight plates – Best of the best from wrist-rollers world.
It’s a professional device, & very high quality product. For a wrist-roller, things can’t get much better than that.
This is one of my favorite devices among hand strengthening devices – Adjustable wrist-roller that is robust yet moves
smoothly, agressively knurled yet silent, durable & great looking – It’s simple, it’s effective. Originally designed by
Chris Nieman to replace age old weight-on-rope type of wrist-rollers.
The idea was to build new, innovative version of wrist-roller that is adjustable & uses no weight plates. The result was
successful series of SideWinder wrist-rollers that allow quick & effective workout for your wrists & forearms.
SideWinder Revolution is built with aggressively knurled cilinders that fit well into your palms, without slipping out of
your hands, while you’re performing twisting movements.
This device has no rope or weight plates – Turn the tension dial, set the suitable resistance level for you & start twisting.
Adjusting process is incredibly easy, precise & convenient – SideWinder has well designed tension dial that you can turn
& quickly measure your workout precisely. Control the suitable resistance level for you from, very easy to hardcore.
What Are the Pros & Cons with SideWinder Revolution?
Knurled, Compact & Moves Smoothly
- Very High Quality – A professional training device, with very high quality – Hand crafted adjustable wrist roller, made of industrial steel, with solid tubing & machined aluminium.
- Easily Adjustable – This device requires no rope or weight plates, simply turn the tension dial to set the resistance level you prefer to use & start your workout.
- Virtually Infinite Resistance – Difficulty levels start from very easy & go all the way up to hardcore. You can use it for warm-up, working sets & for challenge.
- Excellent for Every Athlete – Ideal for beginners & experts alike – Both men & women, older & younger – There’s a suitable resistance level for every athlete. Turn tension dial & use it just the way you like it.
- Moves Smoothly – No sudden moves or squeking sounds – SideWinder moves smoothly & silently in one motion as you keep twisting it, to work your hands,wrists & forearms with maximum efficiency & intensity.
- Aggressive Knurling – Fits well in your hand & won’t slip out while you keep twisting this device. Aggressive knurling is excellent & necessary to build tougher skin in the palms of your hands.
- Safe & Controlled – No dropping weight plates or breaking ropes – Since it does not make any sudden moves & moves smoothly in one motion, it’s much safer to use than regular weight-on-rope type of wrist-rollers.
- Great for Rehab – Since there is no rope that can break, no weight plates, or sudden moves, this device is great to rehab your hands. No sudden moves means less chances to injure yourself further. Build functional hand strength & mobility while avoiding possible further traumas.
- Portable – Convenient, effective – Take it with you, throw it into your training bag as you hit the gym. Keep it in your desk drawer, or take it with you on your road trip. Never miss a working set.
- No Plastic Parts – SideWinder Revolution, like other SideWinder series wrist-rollers, is completely built with metal parts. There are no plastic parts that can degrade, chemically deteriorate as time passes, or simply break down.
- Very Durable – It’s built like a tank, high-end product. Compared to regular commercial wrist-rollers that are made of plastic, this one is completely built with metal.
- Requires an Investment – This product obviously must be on expensive side, since it’s very high quality & well made. Nothing wrong with it, it’s well worth the money, you should simply consider this device as a long-term investment.
- Not Any Real Cons – It’s an upgraded version of wrist-roller & does exactly what it’s designed to do. From pure technical part, there are no noticable flaws in this device.
SideWinder Revolution - Ranking 94 out of 100
How Can SideWinder Revolution Benefit You?
Excellent Starting Point
- Ideal for Single Hand Training – With this wrist-roller you can train one hand at a time. You can focus your energy & effort into one hand to achieve maximum intensity & results. Hold SideWinder Revolution with one hand while you perform the exercises with other hand, like you’re using a screwdriver or opening a jar.
- No Limiting Rope – With regular wrist-roller at the end of the rope, exercise ends & you have to start it all over. With rope-less wrist-roller you can keep going for maximum pump & efficiency til muscle failure. It helps you to get maximum out of your grip training.
- More Angles, More Possibilities – Since this device uses no weight plates or rope, unlike regular wrist-rollers, you can use it vertically or horizontally. You can get creative & use it at multiple angles, use alternate grip, twist it behind your back or head.. Keep twisting it while sitting or standing up.
- Aggressively Knurled Handles – Never forget it, big part of getting stronger grip is getting stronger palms. Knurled handles are excellent for that task & help to toughen up the skin in the palms of your hands. Instead of excessive use of fitness gloves, focus on working your palms as well to get stronger all around.
One of the Most Advanced Wrist-Roller You Can Get
Excellent wrist, hand & forearm training device
- Weight: 2 pounds / 0.9 kg
- Length: 10.5″ inches / 26.6 cm
- Grip handles: 4.4 inches / 11.1 cm on each side
- Diameter: 1.5 inches / 3.8 cm
- Knurled grip – Both handles are knurled
- Materials: Completely made of machined aluminium
- Adjustable: Resistance from easy to impossible
SideWinder Revolution is very well built, feel free to
take full advantage of its ingenious design.
Built like a tank & very easy to adjust – With just simple
turn of a tension dial. It’s a durable device, built with
metal parts only.
Revolution weighs about 2 pounds & easily portable
You can easily take it with you anywhere you go.
The SideWinder Revolution can be used for variety of exercises
that commercial, rope-based wrist-rollers can’t duplicate.
What to Expect if You Use SideWinder Couple of Minutes Per Day?
Powerful Wrists, Palms & Forearms
- Stronger Wrists – SideWinder wrist-rollers are 100% dedicated wrist training devices & this is the #1 area they target. You’ll get stronger wrists in all directions.
- Improve Flexor Strength – Helps to increase your static support grip as well as crush grip strength. You will be able to train longer & lift bigger weights.
- Improve Extensor Strength – Helps to build more muscle balance in hands. Counter-movements contribute into keeping your hands more pain-free, injury-free & at the same time support your overall grip power output.
- Build Stronger Tendons – The stronger your tendons become, the less there is risk for Repetitive Strain Injury, such as Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow.
- Increases Hand Flexibility – Gain more hand mobility & range of motion. The more versatile & flexible your hands & wrist become the less there is chance for injury.
- More Conditioned Grip – Have a stronger, less fatigued grip to help you with your regular workout routine & competitions. Reinforce your weak spots in your game, to gain upper hand.
- Less Injuries – Muscles act like cushion, they protect our body. Increasing functional strength as well as muscle mass is excellent to prevent injuries & enjoy healthier hands.
Who Could Benefit From SideWinder Revolution?
Anyone Who Needs More Competitive Edge
If your grip decides winning or losing, living or dying then you could use a proper grip training device to improve your grip.
Grip training is overlooked & neglected by many athletes. Gain instantly an advantage & separate yourself from that pack.
Grip strength is the biggest weakness in almost every athlete arsenal. It’s the ability that determines how well, how long &
how heavy objects you can grip.
Having an upper hand is never bad. Doesn’t really matter if you’re male or female, older or younger, your grip game can
decide it if you can perform on 100%. Everything you do, goes through your fingertips, literally. A strong grip is a must.
- Arm Wrestler
- Sport Archer
- Tennis Player
- Golf Player
- Guitar Player
- Piano Player
- Sport Shooter
- Motocross Driver
- Basketball Player
- Military Forces
- Martial Artist
- Pole Dancer
- Rock Climber
In SideWinder series, there are currently 4 different models available.
They all have very similar qualities, except different weight, length & diameter.
1. SideWinder Revolution
2. SideWinder Pro
3. SideWinder ProXtreme
4. The Grip Twister
SideWinder Revolution is a knurled-handle version.
All 4 SideWinder wrist-rollers are very high in qualtiy, easily adjustable & have no rope.
The SideWinder Revolution is excellent starting point in SideWinder wrist-roller series.
It’s the smallest & most compact version of SideWinders, for the fraction of the cost of Pro version.
I recommended you to start with this one, it’s a great introduction to rope-less wrist-rollers.
The aggressive knurled handles help you to keep the device in your hand while you keep twisting it.
In overall, it’s well built & looks really great. A welcome addition for everyone who wants to build stronger wrists.
As a rope-less device, there is no momentum you could leverage from, or cheat exercise with. As you keep twisting
SideWinder Revolution a constant effort is required from your end, & it makes your forearms burn up quickly.
This is excellent to make sure you get maximum out of your exercise without wasting your energy elsewhere. No delays
or workarounds, you’ll go straight to the good thing like that.
Incredible consistency like that can benefit you whether you’re a Weightlifter, Powerlifter, Arm Wrestler or Martial Artist.
Eventually you’ll be able to train longer & lift bigger weights..
Or, if you’re a fighter, perform crappling movements with iron-like fists on your opponent.
Also, as a fighter, having stronger, more stable wrists is a big one that goes a long way – The more conditioned your wrists
are, the more precise & stronger your strikes can become. There’s a very big difference if you strike your opponent or target
with something that resembles a “wet noodle” or “hammer”.
Grip is the very first point of contact in many if not most sports. Doesn’t matter what your sport is, strong grip is a must.
Can You Use SideWinder Revolution for Rehab?
It’s Ideal for Recovery
In case you suffer from some type of Repetitive Stain Injury, you’re looking at right direction – Adjustable, rope-less wrist-
roller can be excellent to treat & even cure common Epicondylitis conditions such Tennis Elbow & Golfer’s Elbow.
All SideWinder products are equally excellent to help you to treat injured hands & recover fully if you’re on physical therapy
stage. Also related conditions to RSI, such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & some types of Arthritis can be treated by using
SideWinder as your regular exercising tool.
Any doctor out there could say that, what you need is to rest up if you’ve injured your hands. But you should do that only
up to a point where you can start exercising to recover fully. Taking action is a must.
Strengthening your tendons as well as gaining functional strength & mobility are vital to improve your overall hand health
as well as get rid of that debilitating pain that comes along with those medical conditions.
- Build More Balanced Muscles – Balanced muscles are almost everything, one of the corner-stones of health if you want to have pain-free hands. Doesn’t matter if you’re suffering from medical condition or not, to be more healthy & have stronger body, always aim for more balanced muscles.
- Strengthen Your Tendons – Conditions like Tennis Elbow & Golfer’s Elbow can often occur exactly for that reason.. tendons are not strong enough. To avoid & prevent your tendons being stretched to the point they can’t take the workload, simply train them accordingly if you can, to get rid of pain & gain functional strength.
- Gain More Hand Mobility – Being more versatile gives you an extra boost to prevent injuries. Training with wrist-roller can help you to flex your hands enough to reduce stiffness in wrists & forearms. This in return to leads healthier hands & quiker recovery.
- Tread RSI & Related Conditions – Regular exercising can go a long way. Couple of minutes of exercising a day is likely enough to tune up weaker muscle groups in your hands & forearms, & to help to relax the fatigued, stiff dominant muscles at the same time.
Using SideWinder Revolution can greatly help to build more muscle balance & promote the blood flow into affected tissues
in your forarms, that can be the root cause of pain as well as fatigue.
You can do it all safely since SideWinder has no weight on rope that can accidentally drop because of some inconvenience
like breaking rope. Safety is important all the time, but even more so when mending an injury.
This wrist-roller moves in one smooth motion, making it an ideal rehab tool – You can’t perform any sudden moves & this
is excellent for rehab. Avoiding sudden moves is especially important while doing physical therapy, so you won’t suffer from
further symptoms or trauma.
One of the best parts of adjustable wrist-roller like SideWinder is that it starts with virtually no resistnace – It makes it ideal
for rehab purposes: You can calibrate the exact resistance level you need, without under doing things or going overboard.
Later on, as you’ve recovered from an injury, you can keep using SideWinder to progress even more in overall grip strength.
It’s a simple yet professional, valuable & effective tool that suits for many occasions.
Thanks for Stopping By!
I hope you enjoyed reading my review & learned couple of new things about SideWinder Revolution along the way.
Have you used this device yet? How’s your training experience?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to ask my assistance & share your thoughts by leaving a comment.