Short Product Description:
- Adjustable – 10 to 90 lbs/4.5 to 40.8 kg
- Space Efficient – Excellent Solution for Home Gym
- Rapid Weight Changes – Switch Exercises Quickly
- Unique Dial System – Combines (17) Sets of Weights
SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell by Bowflex
Turn the dial to select the weight & start your exercise, it’s exactly that easy with SelectTech 1090 Dumbbell.
I like how it enables to save up my time & has added comfort to start a new set or exercises in an effective way.
It’s all about speed here that is delivered in hassle free form by combining 17 different sets of dumbbells into
one. By employing swift action between sets it makes your life a lot easier in weight changing department.
It usually takes up to several minutes to change the weight plates on regular dumbbells between sets & exercises
in case you don’t have another set of dumbbells lying somewhere nearby. Every time you have to do that it eats
up your precious time. With SelectTech you simply turn the dial & the built in mechanism is doing the rest.
I recommend it as excellent solution for your home gym if you need to save up space or/and don’t want to have
dozens of dumbbells covering your home gym floor. SelectTech 1090 comes with its own small weight stand
that uses it for both: rapidly change & contain its weight plates, to keep up with the momentum of your workout.
In case of a received faulty device, manufacturer also offers you a 3-year limited warranty on all parts.
What are the Pros & Cons with SelectTech 1090?
Rapid Weight Change
- Changes Weight Rapidly – Incredibly efficient function to switch from one exercise to another, or from one set to another set, without spending any extensive, time-consuming weight-changing breaks between your sets.
- Replaces 17 Sets of Dumbbells – SelectTech weight adjust from 10 lbs to 90 lbs with 5 lbs increments. That is 17 sets of dumbbells in total to conveniently help to cover all of your training routines.
- Space Efficient – Instead of having dozens of dumbbells cluttering the floor of your home gym you only need one. Ultimately removing entirely the need to create excessive space in your home to store up your training equipment.
- Saves Money – Getting well over a dozen dumbbells in one dumbbell is already enough said. From this perspective it’s a huge money saver if you.
- Has Durable Molding Around Metal – SelectTech 1090 innovative design enable a smooth lift off & quieter workouts for you. Stylish innovation with built-in sturdy details to make it more enjoyable & durable.
- Bowflex SelectTech App – With this product you get to download a free app that helps you to journal & track your strength training. It’s handy & incredibly nice for beginners to walk you through exercises, workouts & helps to create your own custom workouts.
- Warranty – In case you received faulty device don’t hesitate to contact with customer support: manufacturer offers you a 3-year limited warranty.
- Can’t Withstand Abuse – Don’t throw or smash this type of dumbbell into ground, at some point you’ll probably end up breaking it. In fact, no dumbbell should be dropped on the ground, not only it’s a bad habit that some trainees tend to have, it also breaks equipment, especially a more delicate device like SelectTech dumbbells. Handle it with care.
- Expensive – Consider this one as an investment. Knowing how many dumbbells you get in one dumbbell makes it worth its price, however it’s a luxury item. It’s a brand item & there are cheaper alternatives available.
- Negative Feedback About Previous Versions – Good news is, this version of product has been upgraded & many folks are pleased. The bad news is that the previous version of SelectTech 1090 Dumbbell that had huge design flaw, is still tainting the reputation of newer version of the product. Don’t settle for less, demand a new & better version for yourself.
- Mixed Feedback Towards Customer Service – Quick service & well mannered responses yet some customers have claimed that customer service is unreachable & they’ve had issues to claim warranty.
- Knock-Off Alert – Keep your eye out & pay attention to details to confirm it indeed is a genuine set of SelectTech Dumbbells that you received not some random Chinese replica. Check for approved, trusted distributors to avoid the hassle of returning a faulty product & to be aware of fake sets that are being sold.
SelecTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell - Ranking 76 out of 100
What are the Possible Exercises You can Perform with SelectTech 1090?
Train All Major Muscle Groups
- Wide squats
- Calf raises
- Stationary lunges
- Stiff-leg dead lift
- Reverse lunge
- Side lunge
- Ab crunch
- Reverse crunch
- Lying trunk rotation
- Twisting side crunch
- Lying leg raise
- Flat chest press
- Incline chest press
- Flat fly
- Incline fly
- Decline chest press
- Alternating rows
- Wide row
- Dead lift
- Standing shoulder press
- Lateral raise
- Seated overhead press
- Front raise
- Rear delt row
- Standing curls
- Concentration curls
- Incline bench curls
- Scott curls
- Overhead triceps extension
- Triceps kickback
- Lying triceps extension
- Hammer curls
To Help You Get Started – You can Download Free Bowflex SelectTech App
Follow Trainer Lead Workouts, Journal Your Workouts and Build Custom Workouts.
- SelectTech 1090 Dumbbell adjusts from 10 to 90 pounds: adjusts in 5 lbs increments up to 90 lbs
- Weight (Single): 90 pounds / 40.8 kg – Weight Range: 10 to 90 lbs (4.54 to 40.8 kg)
- Weight Settings in pounds: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 and 90 pounds
- Weight Settings: 17 – Combines 17 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Dumbbell Dimensions: 17.5 inches long, 10 inches wide & 10 inches tall
- Dumbbell total Weight with Stand: 99.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 101.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: Bowflex (USA)
Ideal Strength Workout Solution for Home – Innovative SelectTech 1090 Dumbbell
Combines 17 sets of Dumbbells into one using a unique dial system.
Simply Turn The Dial & Begin Your Exercise
How Do You Compare SelectTech Dumbbells?
More Weight, More Settings
Thanks for Stopping By!
I hope you enjoyed reading my review & learned couple of new things about SelectTech 1090 Dumbbell along the way.
Have you used an adjustable, quick-dial type of dumbbell before? How’s your training experience?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to ask for my assistance & share your thoughts by leaving a comment.