- Product: “Complete guide to RSI”
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
- Price: $31.35 (paperback)
- Place to Buy: Amazon
- Recognize Repetitive Strain Injury, early signs & risks
- Learn how to prevent RSI with commonsense solutions
- Assists you to find right doctor, diagnosis & treatment
- Employ practical methods to regain the use of muscle
“Dr. Pascarelli’s Complete Guide to Repetitive Strain Injury: What You Need to Know About RSI & CTS
Comprehensive Guide to Recover From RSI
One of the world’s leading authorities on repetitive strain injury tells you how to prevent, treat, and recover from RSI
& Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Living with Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) can be painful, exasperating, and devastating. If you’ve given up hope that there
is any help for your symptoms, if you’ve tried medications, wrist splints, neck braces, and exercises–and have had only
temporary relief–this book is for you.
Dr. Emil Pascarelli, one of the world’s leading authorities on RSI, offers a comprehensive, prescriptive, practical, and long-
awaited sequel to his bestselling Repetitive Strain Injury. You’ll read all about the advances in RSI diagnosis, treatment,
and prevention that have occurred since the publication of the previous book. Inside is welcome advice on:
- Recognizing the early signs and risk factors of RSI before they lead to a serious or debilitating condition
- Finding the right doctor, the right diagnosis, and the right treatment
- Preventing RSI using commonsense solutions such as keyboard techniques, posture, and workstation setup
- Employing practical methods to regain the use of muscles, nerves, and tendons that have been damaged by RSI
- Relieving not only the pain but also the emotional stress that so often accompanies RSI
- Following specific warnings for musicians and other at-risk professionals
Because symptoms of RSI are rarely visible, health professionals, employers, and fellow employees often cannot understand
what a sufferer of RSI is going through. This book is the best way to understand RSI and learn what you can do about it.
About the Author
Emil F. Pascarelli, M.D. one of the world’s leading experts on repetitive strain injury, is an Attending Physician at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, practices as a consultant in cumulative trauma disorders at Columbia-Presbyterian Eastside, and is Director of Ambulatory Care at St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital in New York City.
He is also the founder and Medical Director of the Miller Institute for Performing Artists, Professor of Clinical Medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, and Associate Professor of Clinical Public Health at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (June 21 2004)
- Language: English,
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Dimensions : 15.24 x 1.91 x 22.86 cm