Short Product Description:
- Adjustable – 5 to 130 lbs/2.26 to 58.96 kg each
- Space Efficient – Excellent Solution for Home Gym
- Expansion Sets – 4 Available Dumbbell Stages
- Selector Pin – Combines 22, 28 or 34 Sets of Weights
PowerBlock Elite Adjustable Dumbbells by PowerBlock
These are by far the best adjustable dumbbells you’re going to find – PowerBlock Elite set is compact & very sturdy.
There are small 2.5 to 5 pound weight increments that makes a wide array of different weight settings possible
for you & are incredibly effective for performing progressive super sets in your workout routine. The 90 pound
version of PowerBlock replaces up to 28 pairs of dumbbells that is 2565 pounds of free weights.
By default a pair of PowerBlock Elite dumbbells comes in 3 settings: 50 pound set, 70 pound set & 90 pound set.
If you are serious about lifting, feel free to pick up the expansion packs to create some monstrously heavy weights.
There are 3 possible extension kits available to expand your default 50 pound set to 70 pound one, your 70 pound
set to 90 pound one & your biggest possible 90 pound PowerBlock set to 130 pound one.
PowerBlock Elites are well balanced, compact & they feel great in hand. Weight changing mechanism is built to be
as functional as possible & is super easy to use. Many say it’s even easier to use than with BowFlex dumbbells, just
pull the pin out & push it in again on the new weight slot & you’re good to go.
The dumbbells cage around your wrist is excellent to support your grip. As a result you don’t have to squeeze so
hard once you go with heavier set. Due to these factors PowerBlock Elites are very stable in your hands & that
makes incline, overhead & bench press much more stable. No wobble or rattle inside of these dumbbells.
You get the best combination of balance & speed. Manufacturer also offers a 10-year warranty for home use.
What are the Pros & Cons with PowerBlock Elite?
Stable, Compact & Sturdy
- Quick Weight Changing Mechanism – Simply pull the pin out & slide it right back in on the weight you want to use. Super easy to use & fast.
- 3 Possible Default Settings – PowerBlock Elite dumbbells come in 3 possible different settings: 50 pound set, 70 pound set & 90 pound set. Note that each has different pricing.
- 3 Expansion Kits – 50-70; 70-90; 90-130 : There are 3 possible extension kits available to expand your default 50 pound dumbbell set to 70 pound one, your 70 pound
set to 90 pound one & your biggest possible 90 pound PowerBlock set to monstrous 130 pound one.
- Saves Up Space for Your Home Gym – Depending on how heavy set you get, PowerBlock Elite combines 22, 28 or 34 different sets of weights.
- Small Weight Increments – There are 2.5 pound increments up to first 25 pounds. Small weight increments are very beneficial, for example if you intend to use super-set type of routine in your workout that requires multiple small weight jumps.
- Saves Your Money – Great way to save money on dumbbells, the 90 pound version of PowerBlock Elite replaces up to 28 pairs of dumbbells, 56 individual dumbbells in total that is 2565 pounds of free weights. You can replace entire rack of dumbbells & it will be cheaper for you than buying dumbbells individually.
- Built Like Tank – Virtually indestructible: It’s a very sturdy yet stable & compact device, making it a reliable piece of equipment for your home gym. Dependable dumbbells for exercising for years to come.
- Flat on the Ends – Makes it easy to rest these dumbbells on your thighs between sets. Extra nice feature if you’re doing incline bench press or shoulder press: You can rest PowerBlock dumbbells on your thighs & lift them from there to start your exercise. After you’ve finished your set you can bring dumbbells back on your thighs making the whole exercise process much more comfortable, smoother & thus helps to prevent injuries.
- Great Grip, Protects Your Wrists – PowerBlock Elite dumbbells have comfortable grip & a cage-like handle area that protects both your hands & wrists. As a result you don’t have to squeeze the handle so much & it becomes effective for lifting bigger weights while supporting your grip. In that way your wrists are always in correct position & dumbbells more stable during the lift.
- Long Warranty – Manufacturer offers a 10 year home use warranty.
- Weight Changing Pin Can be Hassle – If you’re new to this, it takes a bit practice to get it right. If you’re used to it, no problem. You must be careful to insert weight changing pin correctly into its proper, intended slot.
- Expensive – Well worth its price yet you should consider this one as an investment. If you aim to buy multiple dumbbells in one, it’s worth every penny since you get more than two dozen of dumbbells in one set.
PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells - Ranking 88 out of 100
What are the Possible Exercises You can Perform with PowerBlock Elite?
Train All Major Muscle Groups
- Wide squats
- Calf raises
- Stationary lunges
- Stiff-leg dead lift
- Reverse lunge
- Side lunge
- Ab crunch
- Reverse crunch
- Lying trunk rotation
- Twisting side crunch
- Lying leg raise
- Flat chest press
- Incline chest press
- Flat fly
- Incline fly
- Decline chest press
- Alternating rows
- Wide row
- Dead lift
- Standing shoulder press
- Lateral raise
- Seated overhead press
- Front raise
- Rear delt row
- Standing curls
- Concentration curls
- Incline bench curls
- Scott curls
- Overhead triceps extension
- Triceps kickback
- Lying triceps extension
- Hammer curls
PowerBlock Elite 50 Dumbbells Can Be Expanded Up To 130 Pounds
There are 4 stages & 3 expansion kits – 50, 70, 90 & 130: 50 to 70; 70 to 90; 90 to 130 pounds.
- Dumbbells adjust from 5 to 130 lbs; adjusts in 2.5 pound & 5 pound increments
- Weight (Each): 50/70/90/130 pounds: Weight Range: 5 to 130 lbs (2.26 to 58.96 kg) for each dumbbell
- Weight Increments in pounds: 2.5 ; 5 ; 7.5, 10, 15, 17.5, 20, 25, 27.5, 30, 35, 37.5 40, 45, 50 pounds & so forth
- Weight Settings: 22/28/34 – Combines 22, 28 or 34 sets of weights into one depending on size of set
- Dumbbell Dimensions (Each): 12 inches long, 6 inches wide & 6 inches tall
- Shipping Weight: 180.1 pounds (for 2 x 90 pound dumbbells)
- Ships in Multiple Boxes – Item may ship in more than one box & may arrive separately
- Manufacturer: PowerBlock (USA)
It’s ideal Strength Workout Solution for Home to Save Space – A Pair of PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells
Combines up to 34 sets of Dumbbells into One.
Accommodate Your PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells Efficienty
- Provides a convenient storage & racking system for your PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells
- Durable dark grey steel construction
- Folds easily flat for portability & storage
- Compatible with all PowerBlock set-up up to 50 pounds (small rack) or up to 90 pounds (large rack)
- Has adder weight ports on the top of the stand for PowerBlock models that use adder weights
- Stand has a foot print of 20″ x 18″ & a height of 26″ (large) or height of 24″ (small)
Verdict – Should You Get A Pair of PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells?
These are by far the best adjustable dumbbells available. If you are serious about lifting & can afford them, grab
a pair for yourself. I like the option that you can always start out with lighter set & upgrade from there.
With the help of expansion sets you can build a solid dumbbell set with monstrous amount of weight on them.
PowerBlock dumbbells are stable & very easy to adjust. Many are saying they are even easier to adjust than
SelectTech brand dumbbells. However, PowerBlock dumbbells are shorter, making handling way better.
Another good point is that PowerBlock Elite dumbbells ends are flat, so for example you can easily rest them on
your thighs before or after doing incline bench press. Less injuries for you & much better handling.
Rubber coated handle in the middle is easy to grip & the bars on the side are padded to support your wrists. You
might feel a bit claustrophobic at first, however cage-area helps to add stability to performing exercises.
Control is great with PowerBlocks, there is no wobble & weights are locked tightly together with magnet pin.
Durability aspect is big one with PowerBlocks. You can’t break these, it’s metal on metal. Solid & sturdy iron.
Smart & simple design with quick weight changing pin & backed up with 10 year home use warranty.
I am recommending PowerBlock Adjustable Dumbbells. Please, do your research & know exactly what you are
buying. Many folks say that it’s one the best purchases they’ve ever made. Excellent value, balance & speed.
Thanks for Stopping By!
I hope you enjoyed reading my review & learned couple of new things about PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells along the way.
Have you used these types of adjustable dumbbells before? How’s your training experience?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to ask for my assistance & share your thoughts by leaving a comment.